Tuesday 18 March 2014

I sacrificed 3 months of virtue for 8 minutes of pleasure

It had been a long time since I went to the club in Delft and a long time since a went to the FLGS there. So I hopped in, saw some interesting stuff but remembered my pledge not to buy new games. That made it easy to resist the temptation of new games like Warhammer DiskWars and Relic, about which I want to know more before I consider buying.

Notice that the name of the game was 
left untranslated in the Dutch edition

But I did pick up Eight Minute Empire. There´s been some real enthusiasm for this game and it will not be hard to get to the table given its short playing time (not exactly 8 minutes though). The rules are really minimal, but that also works for Love Letters.

Breaking my resolution within 3 months, but I don't feel bad about it and I'll leave the resolution standing.

2 comments:

  1. A great little game, one that is simple to understand and yet challenging enough to give real decisions and tactical tensions in play.

    When I played it I wanted to replay it straight away. I think this was encouraged by the simple play but also the knowledge that the game would only last a few minutes. A nice concept. Reminds me those "cheap ass" games from the 1990s and the Zombie solo game.

    Just congratulate yourself that you have been a good boy and not bought games for three months.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments. Let me know what you think!